Aomori Nebuta Festival: Haneto Dance Lesson & Dance Experience [Aug. 2-6 Only]
1. 'Haneto' refers to the festival dancers. Customers on this plan will not only watch the Aomori Nebuta Festival, one of Japan's most remarkable summer festivals, but also become a haneto and participate in the festivities!
2. There will be an English-speaking assistant present, so those who are new to haneto dancing will have nothing to worry about. Learn how to enjoy the Nebuta Festival!
The assistant will provide verbal instructions in English, but for those who would like, handouts in Chinese (traditional or simplified) will be provided.
3. During free time, try tasting some local food from the food stalls, buy some souvenirs, and enjoy the merry atmosphere of a Japanese festival.
4. The Nebuta Festival is an impressive festival that has been designated as an Intangible Folk Cultural Asset of Japan which features several 'nebuta' - giant floats that reach up to 9 meters wide, 7 meters deep, 5 meters high, and exceed 4 tons - that parade through Aomori City.
5. The location for dressing up and leaving belongings is conveniently situated about a 10-minute walk from both Aomori Station and the Nebuta Festival venue.
approx. 7 hours.